Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:09:25 +0100

bruce@perens.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since Eric Raymond has expressed a desire to retire as Open Source evangelist,
> I've written an article "Do We Need a New Evangelist?" discussing how he should
> be replaced. It's at http://perens.com/Articles/Evangelist.html .

I obviously missed something (though someone did mention it to me at
O'Reilly UK's launch last night).

I have to say I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with the term Open
Source, and think it muddies the water even more than "free software"
does.

So, what we need, IMO, if anything, is a free software evangelist (who
isn't totally fixated on GPL).

Cheers,

Ben.

--