Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 30 Mar 1999 14:30:06 -0500

   Date: 30 Mar 1999 19:23:37 -0000
   From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>

    > Anyhow, arguing these details misses my larger point, which is that I
    > believe that people have become able to speak of the differences
    > between free software and open source software.

   Some people talk about the differences between free software and
   GPL'ed software.

True.  I would have expressed myself better by saying that I believe
that people have become able to speak of the difference between the
free software community and the open source community, and that this
wasn't true when the term ``open source'' was first invented.

Ian