Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 20:25:07 +0100

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Ben Laurie writes:
>  > However, my fundamental problem with OSI is becoming clearer to me: I am
>  > being asked to endorse[1] a term that is controlled by a closed,
>  > self-appointed group that I have no control over. That group already
>  > appears to be pushing the term in a direction I'm not particularly happy
>  > with,
>
> News to me.  Why?  What?  Where?  When?  How?

I find myself at a loss for words. Have you been listening at all?

>  > and it doesn't seem to be particularly interested in addressing my
>  > concerns.
>
> Evidence?

See above.

> I would think that appointing bb to the board should go a
> LONG way towards addressing your concerns as a member of the Apache
> group.

Brian does not speak for the Apache Group. Brian does not speak for me.
I haven't nominated Brian as my proxy and I don't think I would, in this
case. Given Brian's role in AG, I'm not convinced that my concerns are
addressed at all by this (and I'll bet Brian can explain exactly why -
that's one of his talents).

>  Or do you think we put a dartboard up and each of us threw one

I have absolutely no idea what you did. That's part of the problem.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html