Subject: Re: OpenSources "opensourced"
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 24 May 1999 00:02:38 -0000

Kragen Sitaker writes:
 > John Gilmore writes:
 > > Open Source has nothing to do with making frozen and unmodifiable
 > > images available over the Internet.
 > >
 > > There sure are a lot of people trying to claim they are "Open Source"
 > > while reserving all sorts of important rights to themselves alone.
 >
 > Yep.  But OSI will be kicking some butt at O'Reilly about this, won't
 > they, Russ?  Or will they?

Sigh.  I can't be everywhere all the time and omniscient, too.  I ran
into Tim O'R on Thursday night.  If I knew this was an issue, I would
have whined at him about it.

Anyway, OSI has decided that we're only going to certify *software* as
Open Source.

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.