Subject: A Free/Libre book about Free/Libre/Open Source software
From: pheras@acm.org
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:14:37 +0200

Hello,

Related with the topic of free/libre books currently being discussed
in the list, we would like to announce you that we host at
http://projects.OpenResourceS.com a free/libre book entitled "Notes on
Libre Software", which is devoted to the topic of free/libre/Open
Source software.

The book is work in progress, and is being written collaboratively, so
we encourage to you all to participate on it.

The interesting point is that the book (as every other content of the
www.OpenResourceS.com site) is covered by a license that gives several
freedoms, both to readers and co-authors, including among others the
free redistribution and modification/quoting of any text included in
the book.

These freedoms are very similar, but not identical, to the ones you
would expect from free software. I hope that reading the license you
find reasons why it is interesting not only to have free/libre
software, but also books.

The license can be found at
	http://www.OpenResourceS.com/magazine/license/index.html

The rationale of the license is at:
	http://www.OpenResourceS.com/magazine/license/rationale/index.html

You can find in the rationale links to other similar licenses.

Best regards,
--
Pedro de las Heras-Quiros
	e-mail: pheras@acm.org