Subject: Need arguments Pro LGPL
From: "Michael A. Patton" <MAP@NIC.DSI.NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 19:08:27 EDT

   Date: Wed, 1 Sep 93 23:45:14 MET DST
   From: Peter Eriksson <pen@signum.se>

   The boss of that company says (approximately):

      "Hmm.. that'll mean that we'll be providing our direct business
       competitors with source, but they'll never in hell provide anything
       similar back to us. Do you think that is correct?"

   Do you have any good responses to this type of argumentation?

Yes!  That argument is fallacious.  You are providing them with
source, IF AND ONLY IF, they _will_ release theirs.  If you GPL your
source and a competitor decides to use that as a base for their
product, the GPL requires that they release their source as well.