Subject: Re: the walls have bears
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 1 Jun 1999 12:52:22 -0000

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 >     rn> Use of; not creation of.  I don't know of any for-profit
 >     rn> company which has created MIT-licensed software.
 >
 > I don't get it.  What about X itself, then?

Where's the for-profit company that created it, intending to profit
from its existance?  I'm not saying that there won't be contributions
from for-profit businesses.  Apparently Apache and FreeBSD get them
all the time.  I'm saying that the base institution that created the
software and MIT-licensed it is necessarily non-profit.

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.