Subject: Software Trademarks
From: Piyush Shukla <shukla@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:07:16 -0700

One of the questions that I constantly field pertains to the use of
trademarks on Open Source Software - specially Linux. I have been unable
to locate a document that spells out the ownership of the Linux
Trademark and more the licensing and reuse "rules" for the trademark.

I understand that Linux is available under GPL, does this include the
use of the trademarked name - Linux and, as the lawyers succinctly
outlined to me - Where is the document that says Linux Trademark is
available under GPL?

Any help that any one can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Piyush
--
Piyush Shukla