Subject: Re: brands, trademarks, and the GPL
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:35:56 +0200

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 11:08:10PM -0700, L. Peter Deutsch wrote:
> I am happy to see future evolution of the GPL.  If I like a future version,
> I will be happy to use it.  What I do not want to do is decide *now* to
> entrust that decision irrevocably (for a given version of Ghostscript) to
> FSF.

I was only trying to understand what the problem is. I am questionning
in no way your policies.

I should have put my question more simply... it was only moderately
related to FSF and its policies.

Do you care about older versions of ghostscript, once you have
developed new ones ? My assumption was "no".
  But apparently I was wrong.

So really my new question is: why do you care about older versions and
the possible evolution of their licenses ?

May-be you explained it, and I missed the point.

Bernard

--
Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lang/  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Fax  +33 (1) 3963 5469