Subject: Re: Fear of Forking
From: Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:00:55 -0800

OK Brian, it's put up or shut up time.

At 08:47 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Brian Bartholomew wrote:
>Hey, uh, as your customer, I *want* to see significant competitive
>challenges from late-entry freeloaders.

Our customers are people who pay us money.  I just checked our customer
database, and can't find you in there anywhere.  However, we have sold
products to people at trade shows without entering all those names in our
database.

If you are one of those customers, and would like a refund on any product we
have sold you, I will happily pay you out of my own pocket.  The last thing
I want is an unhappy *customer* bad-mouthing me.

>Having source doesn't gain me
>much if it's too obscure to be maintainable.

Are you claiming our source is "too obscure to be maintainable"?  There are
over 50 people who disagree with you, but we're always looking for practical
ways to make it easier to increase the number of people working on our
codebase.

If you have substantial feedback, please point out the relevant sections of
code.  I'm not sure this list is all that interested in technical critiques
of the AbiWord source, but the folks on our developer list most certainly
are:

  abiword-dev@abisource.com

Note however, that the etiquette on that list is that patches and
constructive suggestions count for a heck of a lot more than complaints and
hot air.

Paul,
getting seriously pissed off