Subject: Re: forking the list considered harmful (was Re: free software vs. open source)
From: bruce@perens.com (Bruce Perens)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:46:49 -0800 (PST)

From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
> it would be nice to have a less partisan tone from the GPL side of the house.

You've can't be serious, Tim! Are you really unable to see partisanship on
the other side? I sure can, and I've seen you in the middle of it before.

I also don't believe that Keith Bostick, Eric Allman, and Brian Behlendorf
"wouldn't want to raise their heads for fear of getting them shot off".
That goes against everything I know about them. Keith and Eric's business
models are effectively documented on their web sites, too, if you are afraid
that anyone is being protected from the truth by those awful GPL bandits.
Certainly you have the means to publish Brian's observations.

	Thanks

	Bruce