Subject: Re: New encryption regulations
From: "D.V. Henkel-Wallace" <gumby3@zembu.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:52:33 -0800

    Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:15:16 -0500
    From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com

		 ...To qualify, exporters must notify BXA of the Internet
    location (e.g., URL or Internet address) or provide a copy of the source
    code by the time of export. These notifications are only required for the
    initial export; there are no notification requirements for end-users
    subsequently using the source code. Notification can be made by e-mail to
    crypt@bxa.doc.gov. "

    Looks good to me! :-)  Am I missing anything?

What's an export?  Posting a URL without a mechanism to "check" for
foreign access is (presumably) export.  Hence, as I read this: anyone
planning to post gratis crypto source code needs to notify the
government -- and every time you update the file.