Subject: Open source PoS software?
From: kmself@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:12:07 -0700
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:12:07 -0700
Is anyone familiar with point-of-sale open source software?  I turned up
two references, one each at SourceForge and FreshMeat respectively,
Simple Simon (apparently concept-only) and GTKPizza, a pizza-business
oriented project.

DMoz (the Open Directory project used by Netscape and Google) and Yahoo
both list a few hundred products, most of which appear to be
proprietary.

There is one mixed-model project I'm aware of, ViewTouch
(http://www.viewtouch.com/).  Though source-distributed, it isn't OSI
Open Source.  I've some familiarity with it and Gene Mosher, the
developer.

Anything I've missed?

TIA.

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]