Subject: Re: Microsoft: Closed source is more secure
From: Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:06:28 +0200

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Well, I've got one idea.  At least some of us are professors.  Maybe
> assigning audits to our students would be a good idea.  (a) Many

I am very in favor of this idea.  I usually suggest excactly this
when I talk to administrations who are often keen to spend money on
Free Software projects and don't know how to do this.

I see two benefits: Needed work gets done and students are educated
in real life programming.  There is also the hope that those
students don't make all the beginners errors when they start their
professional life.

Ciao,

 Werner