Subject: Re: Free Software in Embedded Systems (was Re: Studies)
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1997 04:41:46 -0000

Chris Maeda writes:
 > If I write free software, I don't see how I could ever
 > secure investment capital for software development unless
 > it was part of some larger strategy, such as using free
 > software as an enabler for embedded hardware.

There's L. Peter Deutsch's FPL (Free Public License), which you could
argue encourages zero-cost software even more than the GPL.  Problem
with it from Stallman's point of view is that the GPL is all about
freedom, not price.  But the FPL does gain some of the benefits of
free software as well.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok | Freedom causes peace.