Subject: "fsb-chat" ?
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:30:48 -0700

At 11:16 AM -0700 10/22/01, Tim O'Reilly wrote:
>I will agree with Russ that the quality of the discussion has been going
>way down, and as a result I've recently been thinking of unsubscribing.
>For a list to stay useful, it needs to stay focussed.  And the focus of
>this list is ostensibly the business side of open source.  To the extent
>that it becomes random discussion, more and more people will opt out.

Although I agree with Tim, it is clear that there is a fair amount of
interest in "random discussion".  I suggest that we add an "fsb-chat"
list for this purpose.  Basically, it would be populated by folks on
the fsb list, but open to a wide-open range of topics.

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm - home page, resume, etc.