Subject: Re: The stupidity of large companies
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:22:22 -0500 (EST)

Zimran Ahmed writes:
 > > > There is certainly this idea among large companies that they
 > > > just don't *want* to deal with small companies.  So,
 >
 > This is true not just for software vendors, but all
 > vendors. It's because there's overhead involved in
 > dealing with multiple suppliers.

That's a fine theory.  It doesn't explain why, having talked to me in
the first place, they went to a services reseller to buy my time.  We
paid the price of establishing the relationship (both the contractor's
time and my time), and then they discarded that investment only to
spend it again on a reseller.

The really *annoying* part is that, the contractor having taken up my
time in business negotiations, the reseller went to a direct
competitor of mine, simply because they put forth the appearance of
being a company instead of a consultant.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Crypto without a threat
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | model is like cookies