Subject: Re: rethinking open source?
From: Jack Park <jackpark@thinkalong.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:57:17 -0700

Just today, Otis Gospodnetic mentioned on the Lucene list a product Jahia
http://www.jahia.org
A quick check and we find that it is licensed in an unusual "open source
and collaborative license."

Their license faq http://www.jahia.com/jahia/Jahia/pid/137 is a fairly
thorough treatment of their reasons for selecting the license
structure.  The faq also speaks to the history of the license, pointing to
the "liberal source license" http://www.elj.com/lss/ which is described at
http://www.elj.com/lss/lss.html (which unfortunately is opening at less
than a snail's pace this evening).  This page
http://www.elj.com/lss/points.html (which will not open at all) speaks to
"paying contributors" (which sounds like some form of a bucket brigade of
returns to those who developed software used in the product.

All in all, I suppose there really must be actions 'out there' that are
looking at weaving useful attributes of open source software into financial
ecosystems.

Jack