Subject: Re: Open Source shareware?
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:46:27 +0100

Stephen J. Turnbull:
> they want.  Eg, every question/bug report that gets archived with an
> answer on the Web becomes part of Google's Global FAQ.  OTOH, look at
> the speed with which "the community" has adopted Microsoft fonts, none
> of which are free.

As an exercise, go to an open source conference and count the number of
geeks with laptops running OS X.

Unix on the desktop is a fun thing to hack around on and dream about, but
then when someone hands it to you on a plate, a surprising number of moral
scruples somehow disappear...

Simon

--
I knew that a goodly number of train operating companies had
introduced quiet coaches, but I was still a little concerned