Subject: Re: Mechanizing community information resources
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:44:36 +0900

    Rich> there is the simple fact that I have to go TO the wiki to
    Rich> use it.

Exactly.

    Rich> So, I have been musing about ways to integrate wiki-like
    Rich> interaction into a "browser" that actually sits on my own
    Rich> system.  Let's say that I have used this browser

Not a browser, a WebDAV interface (I'm confusing UI and implementation
here, I think, but maybe it's clear what I mean).  It could be a
subprocess that calls a separate browser executable, of course, but
you shouldn't have to leave the man UI to edit the man page, and you
shouldn't have to leave whatever you use to read the online FAQ to
edit the primary source, wherever it is.