Subject: RE: A few here may have an opinion on this
From: "Lawrence E. Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:14:50 -0800

> Footnotes:
> [1]  With the small caveat that a truly reciprocal version of
> the GPL would bind the copyright holder not to dual license
> without the permission of the licensees, since it binds the
> licensees in the reciprocal way.

I forgot to address your footnote.  A copyright owner usually has the
right to license his derivative works under as many licenses as he
chooses.  The only requirement is that he conform to the license
requirements of the materials he has licensed for incorporation into his
work.  When those incorporated materials were given to him under the GPL
or the OSL, however, he accepted the restriction not to license under
any alternative license.  In that sense, dual licensing is prohibited by
the GPL and OSL.

/Larry