Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:02:27 -0800

On 11/4/02 12:35 AM, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org> wrote:

> Even Microsoft is on the "right" side of "all", Tim!  ;-)

Right you are.  And when they are on the "right" side, we should celebrate
them for it!

Like Brian Behlendorf (who was quoted in the NY Times as saying that he
believes that within three years, MS will open source windows in order to
preserve their application revenue), I tend to think that Microsoft is going
to be changing a lot over the next couple of years, and that the boundaries
are going to get blurrier, not clearer, as folks like MS get more open and
folks like Red Hat get more closed.
1-707-829-0515 http://www.oreilly.com, http://tim.oreilly.com