Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: eric hamilton <dilvie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:24:25 -0800 (PST)

> Right you are.  And when they are on the "right" side, we should
> celebrate
> them for it!
>
> Like Brian Behlendorf (who was quoted in the NY Times as saying that
> he
> believes that within three years, MS will open source windows in
> order to
> preserve their application revenue), I tend to think that Microsoft
> is going
> to be changing a lot over the next couple of years, and that the
> boundaries
> are going to get blurrier, not clearer, as folks like MS get more
> open and
> folks like Red Hat get more closed.

I agree absolutely, but I think that many companies will be dragged
kicking and screaming into that blurry area.  I think that many
companies lack the vision to see where all this is heading, and I'm
sure I've got my own blindspots as well.

- Eric

=====
If I didn't have ears, I'd make music with paint.
The only limits in life are the ones we set ourselves.

download my music:  http://www.dilvie.com

help us search for a cancer cure with your CPU's idle time:  http://www.mp3.com/stations/globaldanceculture