Subject: the source, so to speak, of the SCO lawsuit
From: Seth Gordon <sethg@ropine.com>
Date: 19 May 2003 13:07:31 -0400

Ah, I see it now.

MS attorney: We'd like you to sue IBM on the grounds that Linux is
violating your intellectual property in Unix.

SCO attorney: What?  That's crazy!  We have no proof that they've
violated anything, and we can't afford to drag them through the courts
for a case we're certain to lose!

MS attorney: We'd like you to sue IBM on the grounds that Linux is
violating your intellectual property in Unix, make as much noise about
this lawsuit as possible to the people who purchase Linux distributions,
and drag out the case and the associated negative publicity about Linux
for as long as possible.  We are prepared to buy a Unix license from you
at a price which will more than adequately compensate your department
for these efforts.

SCO attorney: Let me talk to my CEO and get back to you on that....

--
"Ernie and Bert are not gay.  They're puppets.  They don't even have
legs."