Subject: Re: gdb
From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann@cygnus.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 21:21:47 -0800

    So what if the organization becomes hostage to cygnus?

Well, that's what the free market is all about.

    In the begining, I think cygnus's intent was to not get involved in
    proprietary software.  This seems to have changed...

I don't want to follow up on this discussion in this list, since this
list is about free software business issues.  Suffice it to say that
Cygnus was founded to make money, and free software is part, but not
all, of our strategy.  This does not lessen the value of free software,
except that we do not consider it to be a financial panacea.

Michael