Subject: MySQL Patch Mechanism (was RE: Computer Survey on perceived advantages of Open Source)
From: "Anderson, Kelly" <KAnderson@dentrix.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:30:32 -0600

 Fri, 13 May 2005 16:30:32 -0600
Could you please elaborate on this. How do they do it? Do they put up a
Chinese wall and white room reimplement it?

If it's a bug fix, haven't they benefited from the bug being reported?
Isn't what they are doing a "derivative work" of the bug report itself?

If it's too complicated to explain here, could you point to a web page
or something that describes their process? I'm really interested in what
the heck they are doing...

-Kelly