Subject: Re: intel supports content protection
From: Seth Johnson <seth.johnson@RealMeasures.dyndns.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:16:40 -0400

Virtualization means turning the logic chip into an object chip,
ostensibly for the purpose of security.  It means preventing you
from working on a kernel on your own box -- it turns the chip
into a closed kernel, that lets somebody else put a software
object on your box that you can only interact with via messages.
There's a whole community that equates "virtualization" with
"security" through this model.

Seth Johnson

--

RIAA is the RISK!  Our NET is P2P!