Subject: Nessus, Sun, Netscape
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby3@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:09:03 -0800

How wonderfully apropos: after our Nessus discussion we now see Sun
releasing JES and a bunch of other stuff as FS.  See a useful
analysis at
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/02/
sun_software_services_recovery/print.html  The article even discusses
the revenue replacement issue with actual numbers.

Nessus and the other examples recently discussed started as FS.  Has
anyone ever successfully made the transition that Sun's attempting?
Certainly it didn't help Netscape; all the other cases I can think of
off the top of my head were for packages that were already dead or at
least close to it.