Subject: RE: mechanised documentation and my business model solution
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:58:12 -0800

At 2:14 PM -0700 3/28/06, Anderson, Kelly wrote:
> This is one reason that the Wiki approach can (but admittedly
> might not) work well... because different audiences are writing
> things from different perspectives. When I say Wiki, I mean
> "audience produced" rather than being married to the current
> state of the art of Wikiness...

The "current state of the art of Wikiness" isn't all that bad.
As William Gibson put it:  "The future has arrived; it's just not
evenly distributed."  More to the point, it's a moving target.

As I noted the other day, Thomas Gries has done some interesting
work in putting dynamic content into wiki pages:

  Getlets: extending the interwiki concept beyond any limits
  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/a/a9/Wikimania05_Workshop_TG3.pdf

Using this syntax, it would be possible for a wiki user to create
a page that included assorted "reports" on some topic.  Whenever
the page was viewed, it would display the current information.

Given that the syntax uses arbitrary URLs, there is no real limit
on the kinds of parameters that could be included.  All that is
needed is a web server that can parse the request and respond with
content.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm@cfcl.com