Subject: Re: DRM-incompatible licenses
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 19:11:48 +0200

* Pedro de Medeiros <pedro.medeiros@gmail.com>, le 03-04-06, a écrit:
> On 4/3/06, Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> > > Why would it be compulsory? Compulsory as in "sony wants it?" I
> > > thought we have come to agree that DRM is bad to begin with.
> >
> > how bad ?
> >
> > worse than bombs ?
> >
> > funny that no one will answer that question
>

> And yet, you did by blowing things out of proportion. How do those
> things even compare? Just because you found something that is worse
> doesn't make things that are just "bad" acceptable. Unless it becomes
> "accept DRM or we will blow you into smithereens?"

all I am saying is that simple honesty would be to forbid the used of
GPL code for weaponry.

> > > I think free software already has momentum enough to be in all niches
> > > of software,
> >
> > happy dreams
>

> And yet, free software adoption is improving.

I know
I have seen it improve over 15 years

...  but is it strong enough to take such a risk,
assuming that doing it were right

saludos

bernard

--
             Le brevet logiciel menace votre entreprise
               Software patents threaten your company