Subject: Hello
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:54:34 -0400

Hi,

I learned about this list earlier this week while reading Russ Nelson's
"Open Source and the Small Entrepreneur" in the O'Reilly book "open
sources 2.0". The list archives are now in my reading queue. I want to
extend a sincere "Thank you" to Russ and the community on this list for
establishing this resource.

For the past 6 years I've been a sysadmin and developer working almost
exclusively with GNU/Linux systems and Free Software applications and
services running on them. I host monthly meetings of the DCLUG
<http://dclug.tux.org> and BWBUG <http://bwbug.org>. Additionally I'm
actively involved in the Linux Audio Conference <http://lac.zkm.de/2006>
and the general Linux Audio community out of which the conference grew.

I've joined this list because I am very seriously considering a move to
self-employment and very much want to build my new business around Free
Software. I'll lurk for a while and try to work my way through some of
the archives before I ask any specific questions. But, I just wanted to
introduce myself, say "hi" and thank you all for being here.

-Eric Rz.