Subject: CEO Compensation (was RE: business case for mechanized documentation)
From: "Anderson, Kelly" <KAnderson@dentrix.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:08:40 -0600

 Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:08:40 -0600
> Reported, yes, but nobody has a clue.  Really.  We just do
> not understand executive compensation.  Sure, there have been
> a number of egregious cases, but that stuff has also gone out
> of fashion with investors, and we're seeing something of a reaction.
>
> Enough of a reaction, you ask?  Hey, didn't I just say nobody
> has a clue?  *I* don't know!
>
> The best I can say is that there's very likely a bias toward
> overpayment of top executives.  Whether it's big enough to
> make it worth doing something about (except out of pure spite
> for somebody who makes more money than we do) is another matter.

Do you want to be the guy who explains to the board of directors and
stockholders that you hired the "second best" CEO you could find just to
save a million bucks?

Maybe we should apply the same thinking to Hollywood, I'm available for
Mission Impossible 4, I'll train really hard, and I might even shave :-)
AND, I'll do it for 1/20th of what Tom Cruise cost.

Or, perhaps Al Gore or John Kerry really should have been president,
after all, they got the second most electorial votes... and I bet they
would have taken the job for only $100,000 when W. gets over $300,000
:-)

-Kelly

E-Mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking
protective action against such code. Sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising
from this message.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.