Subject: RE: Larry Ellison on FSBs
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:36:05 -0700

> > LE> [....] I don't think Oracle and IBM want to create a second
> > LE> Microsoft in Red Hat. But you can't - because Red Hat doesn't own
> > LE> anything, they own nothing. They couldn't [become the next
> > LE> Microsoft], they own nothing.

The word "nothing" is Larry Ellison hyperbole, although what Red Hat *does*
own isn't enough to create a second Microsoft. I don't think LE or Oracle
own enough to become a second Microsoft either, with other database software
in the world nowadays.

So what's his point?

Red Hat now owns JBoss as well as a very popular Linux distribution. :-)
Ellison could have owned it too if he'd been more alert to what's worth
owning.

/Larry Rosen