Subject: Re: Larry Ellison on FSBs
From: "Ben Tilly" <btilly@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:23:20 -0700

 Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:23:20 -0700
A decade ago SQL Server was spelled "Sybase clone".  Sybase was the
database leader before Oracle.  I wouldn't call this a disruptive
entry into the database market.  (Though admittedly SQL Server did
tend to run on low-end hardware compared to Oracle.  But that was a
machine issue, not a database one.)

Cheers,
Ben