Subject: Re: [may be junkmail -pobox] Re: Free software maintenance
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:24:09 +0100 (MET)

------------------------
BTW, what is a `research director' at INRIA?  Is there more than one?  Should
I be thankful to have such a strong free-software advocate in such a high
place?  :)

=--------------------------

Good question... the answer is that there are many research directors
It is a title, not a position, equivalent to that of tenured professor
in a university (full professor in my case).

  But you should nevertheless be thankful    :-)

The problem in France is the complete silence of the press about
free software.... I decided to do something about it....
But I do little programming of my own these days... though we do
have some software producing projects in the group.
  Analizing sociological, technical, economical,...Xical aspects of
free software is a large job in itself... and I would like the
people with adequate background to do it properly to get interested.

Bernard

 Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lang/  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Fax  +33 (1) 3963 5469
                  CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX