Subject: Re: JBoss aquired by Red Hat
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:09:24 -0400

	"You can also release your changes to the client under the
	 GPL, but agree not to release them to anyone else unless the
	 client says ok. In this case, too, no GPL-covered code is
	 being distributed under an NDA, or under any additional
	 restrictions."

    seems to me to be wrong.

    There are two problems with distribution in that manner.

      1. I will have distributed to the customer while imposing
	 additional restrictions upon that customer.

This seems like a misunderstanding about the scenario under
consideration.  We consider it acceptable precisely because it does
not impose any additional restrictions on the customer.

      2. I will have distributed a modified work under a license
	 that is not necessarily valid for all third parties.

I don't see how.