Subject: Re: JBoss aquired by Red Hat
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:10:02 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Please remember that we are talking about a modified program, not a wholly
>     original one.   When you give your modified program to the customer, you
>     are exercising *your* GPL rights that you got from somebody else.
>
> Yes, as regards the code you received.  In this case, the NDA applies
> only to the new code that you wrote.

We are talking about developing a modified version of a GPLed program under
an NDA and distributing that program, under the terms of the GPL, to the
other signatory of the NDA.

The "new code" is a derived work and what is being distributed to the
customer
is a modified version of a GPLed program from some third party.

-t