Subject: Re: JBoss aquired by Red Hat
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 15:08:38 +0900

>>>>> "simo" == simo  <s@ssimo.org> writes:

    simo> Well that's depend on how you strongly do you feel about a
    simo> violation I suppose. I am generally benevolent, I do not
    simo> want your code if you do not want to share it, but then do
    simo> not pretend to use mine.

Mostly I don't want your code if you don't want to share, but my
desire to share mine does not depend on your reciprocity.

    simo> If you like to use the GPL as a lever to make others code
    simo> available against their will that's up to you.

I will never again use the GPL, or any "free copyleft" license, for
wholly original work.  Does that make my position on "levers" clear?