Subject: Re: JBoss aquired by Red Hat
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:36:19 +0900

    Thomas> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> The NDA simply reflects the author waiving certain rights to
    >> distribute his own work, both as a separate work and as part of
    >> a derivative.

    Thomas> We are not discussing an original, separate work.  We are
    Thomas> discussing the rights of Consultant to distribute to
    Thomas> Customer a work derived from a GPLed program by a third
    Thomas> party.

Isn't that what I just wrote?  It's elaborated in my post, and
implicit even in what you quoted.  Please stop writing as if we
disagreed about these points.

    Thomas> If Consultant distributes a derived work to Customer
    Thomas> without satisfying those terms, she has violated the
    Thomas> conditions imposed on her by the GPL.

The antecedent not being satisfied (in my opinion, of course; your
mileage obviously varies), the consequent is moot.

I think we're at the point where we can only agree to disagree.