Subject: Re: The term "intellectual property" considered useful
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:27:08 +0900

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

    rms> I think this sustains what I said.

Depends on which "what I said" you mean.  In one message you asserted
that all of these forms of intellectual property have "some" impact on
software freedom, albeit tiny and occasional in some cases.

When that became inconvenient for your argument, in your next message
you turned around and said that "some" means "none" in some cases.

Sure, for *your practical purposes*, that cavalier approximation makes
sense.  However, others have different purposes.  Please remember that
you came in and asked *us* to stop using these terms.  Nobody has
asked you to start using them.