Subject: Re: Business
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 01:25:53 +0900

>>>>> "rocerp" == rocerp  <rocerp@gmail.com> writes:

    rocerp> Similar but different situation....  I am looking for
    rocerp> consultants in the Business Area to actively market my
    rocerp> small erp solution www.rocerp.com.

You should speak up and ask, then.

Most of the people on FSB are free software or open source advocates.
It's very easy to go down that path.

Nevertheless there are many peole interested in doing or learning
about business, and if you pose a business problem, it will be discussed.

    rocerp> Also to develop an good open source software will require
    rocerp> too much investment in documentation etc....

Urk.  You might want to rethink that.  I always buy the book, and if
that's really good, *then* I buy the software.

One thing you can learn from open source, even if you decide to keep
your product proprietary, is that people do care about the quality of
documentation, and other ways of "looking under the hood."  Businesses
don't like being locked in to products that only the vendor
understands, especially if the vendor is making most of his money from
maintenance and consulting on the product.