Subject: Web Server Software Survey
From: Pat Eyler <peyler@nortom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 10:44:48 -0800

I found your Web Server Software Survey
('http://www.sitemetrics.com/serversurvey/' to be quite interesting.  I
was interested though to note that you looked at Apache and Stronghold
as seperate products.  While this is technically accurate, there is a
very strong relationship between the two.  This relationship was not
mentioned on your web site, or in your press release
('http://www.sitemetrics.com/pressreleases/pr2.htm).

While combining the Stronghold and Apache numbers do not affect many of
the rankings (the shared Netscape and Apache rankings in Education and
Finance industries become solely held be Apache), this change does
create an even greater margin of dominance by Apache.

I am anxious to see the results of your Performance Measurement Services
('http://www.sitemetrics.com/performance.htm').  I hope that some
abstracted information will be posted to the web, particularily with
regard to the relative performance of the various web browsers.

I would be interested in your thoughts on these matters.  Thank you for
considering the value of Free Software in this industry.

Pat Eyler
Manager, Technical Services
Norm Thompson Outfitters
(503) 614-4440

ps.  We use apache for our intranet and internet web servers.