Subject: Re: patent trolls and X-licensors
From: simo <s@ssimo.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:34:23 -0400

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 20:31 -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:

> > I know what the cases you're talking about are; it's the "seemingly"
> > I'm questioning.  What I'm asking for is some damn lies, er,
> > statistics. :-)
> >

> What can I say, other than I want them too.

Ask pro Software Patents Lobbies to provide them, you will be surprised
at the amount of scientific data they can show ...

> In defense of my rhetoric, I'm responding to positions
> that categorically reject software patents based on a priori
> and anecdotal reasoning -- so my anecdotes are responsive
> to those.

To be honest I have yet to find out a sound, independent non-biased
study that proves that patents on software are desirable.
What I found so far are studies that show how they may really harm (See
links posted in other post).

Simo.