Subject: Re: Patent-based dual-licensing open source business model
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:24:29 -0700

stephen@xemacs.org wrote:
>  Nor
> is "business" an artificial activity.  It's as natural as sex.

That struck me as a strange way to use the word "natural" and I tried to
come up with another way to use the word in the same spirit.   I
came up with "The construction of the pyramids in Egypt was as
natural as sex."

That isn't to draw some simple equation between slavery and Egypt
and, say, the modern corporation.    Only to point out that using the
word "natural" in the context of these super-human-scale efforts is
fairly empty except insofar as it's full of moral hazards.

-t