Subject: Re: US Software Patents Hit Record High (fwd)
From: simo <s@ssimo.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:44:10 -0400

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 16:31 -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
> Bullcookies.   And I speak from personal experience.  (I'm assuming
> we're talking about this in the context of free software licensing
> which
> explicitly sets aside the incentives copyright or patents would
> otherwise
> create.)

Personal experience is not always a good picture of the common case,
sorry.
And I was speaking in general, for complex projects, the license doesn't
really matter. The business model does, and with Free Software it is a
bit more difficult to extort^Wmake money, but in many cases I see it is
more a problem of being bad at doing business and exploit opportunities
than anything else.

Simo.