Subject: Re: US Software Patents Hit Record High (fwd)
From: simo <s@ssimo.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:55:28 -0400

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 20:31 -0400, Federico Lucifredi wrote:
> Also, that scenario does not exist any longer (coming up to the market
> with a solution before others can even think of the problem),

What matters is coming up first with enough advantage to be able to win
your competition, and I see that happening every day in my job.

> The reality is that there are so many companies working on any given
> "problem" that what you really have to come up with before you hit the
> market is the best customer value in terms of differentiators from the
> inevitable competing offerings.

This is also true and is not in contradiction with what I said.

> John Chambers insisted on this point quite a bit recently at his MIT
> appearence - and with good reason. Presuming others do not see the
> problem you are trying to solve is naive at best.

You must not presume that, who said it?
You must just be the first to go to market and with enough advantage.

Simo.