Subject: Re: termless copyright and patents
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:12:37 -0700
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:12:37 -0700
simo wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 09:35 -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
>

>> The GPL takes all of Mr. Rosen's fun out of leaving the copyright
>> business and going to the patent business because it requires patent
>> holders to make a covenant expressed in terms of copyright
>> permissions.
>>

> ?

Loosely (probably very) quoting from memory:

  [LR]: It's simple to plunk a patent down on the table next
           to a box and ask if the patent covers the box.   [....]
           We're glad to be out of the business of having to define
           "derived work".

-t

[other stuff elided, sorry, lemme know if yr burning to be refuted
 on this or that :-) ]