Subject: Re: (c), but no year
From: "Ben Tilly" <btilly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:24:14 -0700

See http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#noc for the legal
answer.  It has taken custom a while to catch up with the legalities
though.

About your Disney example specifically, Disney's obvious goal is to
make copyrights issued in 1928 onwards be effective indefinitely.
Whenever those copyrights are in danger of expiring, they change the
law...  (1928 is important because that is the date of the first Micky
Mouse movie.)

Cheers,
Ben