Subject: Re: termless copyright and patents
From: s <s@ssimo.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:29:21 -0400

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 17:04 +0900, stephen@xemacs.org wrote:
> s writes:
>
>  > I think you constantly forget that the GPL is a copyright license not a
>  > patent covenant,
>
> Please refer to the first sentence of section 11 on this point, which
> explicitly grants a covenant from each author and conveyor, as well as
> anyone who has ever derived anything from the program.

I meant a different thing as already admitted in a previous mail.
I meant to say that Thomas was mixing the two things together (you say
the same at some point in the previous mail) asking questions that have
a very clear answer under patent law.
I also meant to say that the primary purpose of the GPL is to be a
copyright license and the embedded covenant is a byproduct not the
primary focus. I mixed the 2 concept together badly :-(

Simo.