Subject: Re: "incentive void" (was Re: A different patent covenant...)
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:45:43 -0700

It is a bad idea.

The reason that patent races happen is because people are spending a lot
of money and/or effort on the gamble of getting the patent.   They should
already have figured the race-to-the-PTO risks into it.    Nothing
to see here, move along.

(For history, look to aeronautics or the telephone.)

Anyway, that's what provisional patent applications are supposed to be
for.

-t